Below are the four steps to integrate Salesforce with .NET using WSDL.
- Download the WSDL file from Salesforce Account.
- Go to Setup | App Setup | Develop | API
- (Browse the downloaded .wsdl file and save all files and give name sForceServices)
Step 1. Download the WSDL file from Salesforce account.
► What is WSDL?
- WSDL stands for Web Services Description Language
- WSDL is written in XML
- WSDL is an XML document
- WSDL is used to describe Web services
- WSDL is also used to locate Web services
► How to Download WSDL File?
- Login to Your Salesforce organization.
- Go to Your Name | Setup | App Setup | Develop | API
► Click on Generate Enterprise WSDL Link
► IT will Generate WSDL File and Save It
Step 2. Run the WebServiceStudio.exe.(Browse the downloaded .wsdl file and save all files and give name sForceServices)
► What is WebServiceStudio.exe?
- Web Service Studio is a tool to invoke webmethods interactively. The user can provide a WSDL endpoint. On clicking button Get the tool fetches the WSDL, generates .NET proxy from the WSDL and displays the list of methods available. The user can choose any method and provide the required input parameters. On clicking Invoke the SOAP request is sent to the server and the response is parsed to display the return value.
- This could also be used to access other webservices whose WSDL endpoint is known.
- You can download webserviceStudio.exe from below Link: http://webservicestudio.codeplex.com/
► Run the WebServiceStudio.exe
► Click on Get Button and save All Files
Step 3. Copy sForceServices.cs file to our .Net application
- Copy sForceServices.cs file from Three saved files
- And add this class file to your .Net application.
- Set username, password and security token to .Net application.
Step 4. Set Credentials To .Net Application
► You can also set credentials from web.config file.